Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4311. BAADER-MEINHOF DREAMING

BAADER-MEINHOF DREAMING
In the sleeve of the coat of my pocket I
keep a photo of Ulricke Meinhof. For
no reason but to remember Life instead
of Death; and it's all that easy. Early AM,
I am riding a train through the false green
woods of Nowhere at all. Houses like
boxes are lined in rows. As I leave the
small city that cityscape wanders and
breaks away; then the woods themselves
come and go. Just after, where it should be
farms and quiet, begins the rubble of all the
new. Homes bigger than homes should be
except for the large spaces where idiocy
must fill. The silences of all these people
roiling about, endless in their stupefying
habits. I dream of Ulricke, and reach into
my Red Brigades pocket - wanting to,
hoping for, looking to, search out a new
revolution and kindle a flame in someone's
lonely heart as mine.

No comments: