Wednesday, April 3, 2013

4247. I MAKE A HABIT

I MAKE A HABIT
I make a habit of ridiculous things : the sherry on
the lamppost, the water in the eye. I notice the
morning before it even comes  -  that grey dog
barking, that light over the very old doorway, the
thistled fog hanging over the graveyard and church.
I go to speak, and I am speechless with a rage  - 
something untouched that I still cannot fathom after
all these years. For those who declaim the world to
be what they see, I shout 'You are wrong!' It is more
 than everything you'd ever imagine; it runs backward
with frolic, has lilt like a song. Don't turn away, I am
 not yet done. I make a habit of ridiculous things,
and you are becoming just one. The man who
 polishes his spit-shine teeth, the one with the green
umbrella  -  I am watching them each, to see what
transpires. I make a habit of ridiculous things.

No comments: