Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4280. TRAVEL TIME IN A HUMDRUM GROUP

TRAVEL TIME IN 
A HUMDRUM GROUP
Guy standing up front says 'Navy Yard, this was a disembarkation
point as well for hundreds of thousands of men.' I get distracted.
All around me, nothing but crumbling buildings and who the hell
is he? Elected to tell me his truth and leave out the rest? This was
a pit. This was a death-fulcrum center. This was militarism and
world war ethos. This was innocent women drudged into a
stupid state-side indoctrination of service as well. I see
some pictures on the wall  :  about nothing at all. A dairy 
barn where some worker-women are eating ice cream. 
A few lecherous looking guys watching the ladies pass
through the workers' front gate. Face it, modern
women of the world (and why are you all now
so quiet?), this was servitude, this was sexism,
this was a quiet riot. I really want to leave.
-
On the well-trimmed lawn there's an ICBM.
A fucking missile, pointed to the sky. Phallic
symbol protection? Never used, I
wonder why.

No comments: