Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4306. ANIMALCULES IN PEPPER WATER

ANIMALCULES IN 
PEPPER WATER
(john adams)
Ulterior motives are nothing, this is
America my friend : the place where
all men glisten alike. Gold being dross,
as dross is gold, means nothing - no 
difference at all. And I'll never hide 
from that marking. My kinsman,
Major Molineaux, would know.
-
'The regular and uniform subordination
of one group to another, down to the
apparently insignificant animalcules in
pepper water  -  a proper society is
like a plenitude of Nature, nothing
ever lost, nothing ever wasted. Order
is Heaven's first law'...from Jonathan
Edwards and John Adams too, we get
where we go, we do what we do.
-
So within the fabled house of gables
I have to ride the carriage supplied.
And I have been a fool for far, far less.

No comments: