Sunday, April 21, 2013

4301. AND NOW, ON THAT DISTANT SHORE AGAIN

AND NOW, ON THAT
DISTANT SHORE AGAIN
The brothers are like the Twin Donuts
shop of old, on Seventh Avenue - open
all night, shitty and bedraggled, you never
knew who was going to pop in to do their
act once more. And the coffee stank.
-
Right? The rest of Life should be so simple -
get the get, point the finger, round them up,
and kill again. Two marks by two marks on the

side of Abel's face. I am living in biblical time.
-
There's a point past which I cannot move : women
who screech disfavor, men with no talent whatsoever
doing the same things over and anew, the lethargic,
lost mindscape of twenty-something kids. I went to
Larchmont too. I know. As Jeff Buckley, or was it
someone else, has said - about all those Stony
Brook kids on the train. OK, so I don't know.
-
It's only time. It's only circumstance.
For God's sake, it's only Long Island.

No comments: