Tuesday, August 13, 2019

12,000. NOT TOO FAILED TO FALL (NOW)

NOT TOO FAILED 
TO FALL (NOW)
My submarine logic was
launched in the bay; now
there's nothing, no more.
I never get final about anything,
but it seems the way it's all
going there's soon an ending
in the marshlands and grass.
Can I hold out my hand?
Can I ask you for rain?
-
I used to remember a million
things : the age of a mountain 
lion, the roar of some old canyon
I visited long ago. Now, now,
there's very little of that anymore,
and I am nostalgic only for ruins.
-
That's where I stand right now, and
that's what this standing is. I can
see through things now : what used
to be solid is no longer as opaque
as it once was. Charlotte Queen,
from in between, can you hear
my whisper now?
-
Someone once told me that the
key to all things is deep in the
nighttime sky. I looked up
and only asked, 'Why?'

No comments: