Monday, August 12, 2019

11,992. TO BE CAROLINGIAN AND NEVER KNOW IT

TO BE CAROLINGIAN
AND NEVER KNOW IT
My lineage dates from the
future. I've got years ahead
of you. My own father's God
was Charles Martel, but I think
he got it all mixed up. By the
end of his days, he did all his
shopping at 'Charles Mart' on
Baldwin Street. See what I 
mean? He was always a 
sucker for free parking.
-
Me? I came from different stock.
I haunted indifferent libraries
and made my money from
donating blood. I street-corner
preached whatever came to mind,
and made quarters out of every
dime. People freely gave. I
really think they thought
they'd be saved.
-
There are too many mysteries 
for this one life. All that 'where'd
we come from?' stuff, all those
stories and tales, for me they all
go back to one thing. If there
was ever a God something had
to make that. That's the one I
want to meet, of whom no one
will ever speak.
-
I came close on that once, after
waking from a coma. Three 
months of that, I was ready  -  
It was all a figment, a strong
projection of co-conspirators,
and we each were projected a
part. I was being returned, 
again, to take mine.


No comments: