Wednesday, August 7, 2019

11,967. SO WHAT I MUST DO NOW IS PRODUCE

SO WHAT I MUST DO 
NOW IS PRODUCE
I've only that moment left to do so :
proper typography and pagination
too. What if I die tomorrow, first?
-
I will sit me down at a large table
in some foreign town; with a marker
and a hired scribe, and some village
idiot to keep me fed. Or, maybe.
instead of that, some upstate town.
-
Where the mountains edge the
fence-lines and the pine trees grow
down to the watery edge of a local
lake. I'd have a 3 room cabin and a
place to stay and a place to make.
-
Then tomorrow couldn't come fast
enough  -  I'd be done, it would all
be complete. Festschrifitc warriors
could come visit me  -  those critics
with voracious pens who never stop.
-
I could let them be, and feed them
wine and beer and pretzels, until
their fat-bellied souls dropped. Then
I'd be done; and then I would stop.

No comments: