Thursday, December 27, 2018

11,426. ERRATA

ERRATA
So now the nurse comes, when they've
already cut off my arms and strung up
my neck. What good is this now, I want
to know? I hate losing people. They just
disappear. Got names and got tangles, and
then I never hear. There's a lonesome sparrow
in that nearby tree, one of those Winter singers,
I'm really not sure which. But it does go on.
-
If I wanted to live at the water's edge, this 
would be a very good spot. But I'm done
with all that. Did it once already. Lived
like that in Waverly, NY, right where the
waters ran  -  small fossils could be found
in the stream. We'd walk it all the way up
to the highlands above, just to see what 
we could find.
-
My favorite thing became the ice on the
water and over the rocks  -  a peculiar sort
of surface ice, beneath which the gurgling
water still ran. The ice itself was thing and
clear, like rippled glass. I figured, if it could,
it must have froze in motion. That's what it
seemed like, though it's a difficult concept.
But what's not, in this stupid life.
-
We take the consequences of what we can.
The rest, we just make things up about, and
go on. Well,anyway, OK. Tell the nurse I'm
done. I'm probably bleeding to death anyway,
the pain has become excruciating, I'm probably
talking to much, and this knotted rope around
me neck is now just too much. Kick the chair
out from beneath me. Please, go ahead.

No comments: