Saturday, December 1, 2018

11,357. CHARLES STARKWEATHER

CHARLES STARKWEATHER
Did you ever think about
being Charles Starkweather?
I want to go swimming
in some hell-hole of love.
I want to wear brimless hats
to a brimmed-hats only party.
The drone with drugs over the
prison wall is better than the
prisoner with no phone at all?
I can hear the helicopters as
they call. Rotary fissures still
smacking the air; the thwack-
thwack of Hueys like Death
and Deliverance there : (those
two-pronged monsters of doing).
-
For  -  face it  -  I'm got nothing
left. My friends all have daggers
and venom. My enemies mark
calendars with days for my 
death. They've already sold 
off my parking spot, garments, 
and whatever's left won't get
a charity to take it. My blue
vase is tipped, and emptied,
with water running out.
I'm so empty I feel vacant.

No comments: