Friday, December 7, 2018

11,377. DELMARVA SEANCE

DELMARVA SEANCE
I went to Tuesday but the week was gone
and when Saturday arrived it was near next
year. Pompous asshole me. Candy wrappers
all over the floor, from the brat kid who'd
been here before. Half-finished models of
cars and planes and things they don't make
anymore. Not here. Least the ways of God
to man; and there ain't no model for that.
-
I boarded my watch just to see if time really
flies. Nothing much happened there either.
-
And man was I bored in this run-down hotel
run by Jimmy O'Dell. All there was in the
lobby was comic books and eggs. 'And what
good is that?' I asked him, 'for my 120 bucks?
Your breakfast says eggs and coffee, yeah, but
aren't you supposed to do something with them
first? What good are these?' He looked me back
and said: 'Let's play stickball with them instead?'
-
I boarded my watch just to see if time really
flies. Nothing much happened there either.

No comments: