Friday, September 27, 2019

12,143. YOUR REASONING IS LIKE A POT-LUCK DINNER

YOUR REASONING IS 
LIKE A POT-LUCK DINNER
My country 'tis of thee, sweet land
of lethargy, of thee we stink. And
anther thing : 'Do let me go on I'll
jut rattle your cage you multifaceted
sick and losing bunch. Your mother
apparently ever the jewess is the same
key music as your fathers apparently 
always men of little compunction.'
Well now that you've made your
point, what' your point? Do we not
still have those purple-mountains of
majesty and those amber waves of
grain? 'Again I'll say, every pot-lid
I lift brings me a new aroma and I
truly never know what to expect.
Surprise! Those are frog-legs in the
potato soup. Tasting good is surely
a misnomer.' Well, OK, I'll admit
to something like that  -  we have
strange people playing their political
games, what they think are, anyway.
An old woman dodders on the edge
of her shelf, where the granary seeds
have fallen from and now sprouted
something else. She maybe once was
in someone's arms, now she's dead to
every charm  -  and Liberty still is her
name. 'I lift my lamp to the western
wind, the wailing wall of doubt, the
madmen on the fringe. Give me your
tired, your sick, and your lame, we
sure need something and it's all the
same to me. Land where your fathers
died? Who says that? Pilgrim's pride?
Grocery cart in the shallow waters of
eventide's bad design, with corn flakes
and twaddle-cakes dripping out each
pore, your children are now all useless.
I'll give you no more!' I declare! The
next President shall be a doctor, a 
soothsayer, a scientist, and a mare.

No comments: