Saturday, September 14, 2019

12,107. MONT BLANC

MONT BLANC
It isn't like my pen was
out of ink, or not, perhaps
more than that, the empty
postscript of a loving letter.
I'd just come down from
Rotterdam, again, and was
miserably tired of flotilla
and transport too. We were
sitting, finally, near to a
near-jailer's meal : sparse
as a ration, but as neat as a
pin. Neat as a pin? Hmmm.
-
Tell me then, where do they
get these ideas from, and
phrases and demarcations?
I read the policeman's life
story, that biography of jobs
and duties. From patrolman
and downtown beat cop, to,
later, fatal accident investigation,
reconstruction of the scenes,
etc. Then, later again, Assistant
Director of the Academy, and
now an 'Investigator' at L'Oreal.
Well, yes, I'm pretty certain
that's everything I too ever
wanted to be.

No comments: