Thursday, September 12, 2019

12,098. SEND IT ALONG

SEND IT ALONG
Mainly in admiration : I am sitting
in the Mesco Cafe and it's now six
in the morning with new light coming
up from the east. Those elongated
shadows along the caverns of brick
and steel. I never want to leave here.
Even as I know this stolen moment
passes, fleeting like a creamy cloud
in a coffin of milk. Jeepers; I stare
down, thinking about that one.
-
The guy with the white rag keeps
swabbing empty tables  -  I guess
it's something done in early morning
hours; before the place really opens
up to others. The jostling crowd,
the fat crowd, the voracious ones
wanting pastries and foodstuffs to
accompany their coffee. 'Nothing's
ever good alone,' I can imagine 
them saying. Still, I disagree.
-
Jeepers. I stare down again,
thinking about that one. The
light comes in, like a
whistle-stop tour.

No comments: