Thursday, January 31, 2019

11,507.YOU TAKE THE SOLO, PABLO, THIS ENSEMBLE'S OVER

YOU TAKE THE SOLO, PABLO,
THIS ENSEMBLE'S OVER
Whenever I get nervous it's
probably more nervous than need
be, than what the occurrence needs,
than warranted by the facts. Like 
when I'm doing 85, and my accelerator 
sticks. And that traffic light is red, 
about 300 feet off. Well you can do
the math  - my inner trajectory, right
then, is at true take -off point. And I
haven't even checked my brakes!
-
It's just like that : Whenever I get
nervous, my razor heads for my throat,
god-dammit! and I have to stop the
whole shave. Half done. Looking like
a clown with half a white face of foam.
Oh boy, yeah, the kids love it. The jerk
in the mirror, I swear, isn't me.
-
Whenever I get nervous my socks go
in the toaster, and I wind up wearing
bread. Whole wheat for in my shoes,
some rye as the hat on my head.

No comments: