Tuesday, January 15, 2019

11,477. I AIN'T NO MEGLOMANIAC YET

I AIN'T NO MEGLOMANIAC YET
The source of the Nile is the source
of the Nile and the reason I'm doing
this is the reason I'm doing this : how 
do you like them apples? Which is a
phrase  -  strangely enough  -  both 
of my parents were apt to use when
I was quite young. Always confusing.
I assumed it wasn't Eve to Adam;
she'd already, as it were, bared her 
breasts to him, and the serpent only
led her on to one for eating. There
was never a plural mentioned. I  don't 
think. So, wherever my parents got
that strange expression from, they
certainly never told me. See how 
people never explain anything to
you; just expect you to know.
-
Once when I was lifting weights,
the attendant told me I was the
strongest man he'd ever seen. Boy,
that made me feel good; then the
guy over from me said, 'He's just
a towel boy; he says that to everyone,
expecting bigger tips.' I said back,
'Well, if he ever learns to type, he
can mistake an 'a' for an 'o' and he'd
probably be closer to the truth.

No comments: