Wednesday, January 9, 2019

11,460. A GIFT AT NIGHT

A GIFT AT NIGHT
Once in my life, before I
die, I've wanted to stay up
all night, writing. A marathon
of self-imposed proportions.
Since I've nothing to do, and
nothing to lose. The words
would flow, in their torrent,
I'd get up now and then, from
sitting, to stretch about or do 
any other thing I chose, and 
sit back down to work some 
more. My exile then would
be my own, and the rest of 
the dregs could all go rot.
Maybe I could count the
sounds I hear too, trains 
and planes. Those sounds
are not ever-present, no,
but they recur a lot. Even,
strangely, the small aircraft
into Linden  -  I figure those
private air flight charters are
probably business guys or
entertainers, coming in or
leaving in their smaller craft.
All through the night the 
roadways are pretty bare, and a
20 minute drive into downtown
is a cinch. Power pays its price,
but it gets where it wants to
go, as well. Not like me,
sitting here, all night.




No comments: