Sunday, January 27, 2019

11,496. WHEN THE POSTMAN BRINGS DIRT

WHEN THE POSTMAN 
BRINGS DIRT
I want to leave you for a dream,
vacate this world for the semblance
of a faraway, recalibrate my Fitbit for
another, different, stride. I'll take
any other option I can find : the 
trail through the Hallet Preserve
would do, but it's too small and
they often keep it locked.
-
There's no reflection from the sky
today and the mailman's running 
late. It always amazes me now, how
our mailman is lame. He's got a
twisted leg, short, or crooked, and
he has an awkward, hobbled gait
that's hard to watch. How he got
this route I'd never figure.
-
The roadway out of here, I guess
is a decent stretch. But it's often
crowded at the worst 0f times
  -  people pile on, cut lanes, start
screaming, and cutting the lights
for the turns they make. Small, 
loud cars, often blue, with 
Rahway drivers too. Just as 
lame, I guess, as Jake.

No comments: