Thursday, January 10, 2019

11,462. RUDIMENTS, pt.561

RUDIMENTS,  pt. 561
(no fury like a fury unleashed)
The best school I never went to
had that motto carved right
over the doorway. I knew I
was in the very right place.
Why waste time with the rest
of everything when a battering
ram is quite handy? Up by
Chappaqua, everything was
overly fancied up. You couldn't
just get a donut, let's say. You
first had to determine the wheat,
gluten or not, processed flour
or not, the sort of sugar and
molasses they used, slave
labor or free-trade, where
the natural gas originated
that ran the ovens. OK,
that last one's facetious but
I included it to drive home
my point. Consider it an
extra nut on your natural
nut donut. I always ended
up wanting to say, 'You know
what, forget the donut, and
give me a damned dollar for
having had you waste my
time with all your crap. And
I bet you're still paying that
Mexican in the back 8 bucks
an hour for letting you act like
you own him. You hypocrite.'
-
Medical people take, or used
to, before they were all owned
by big pharma, the Hippocratic
Oath, with all that 'First, do
no harm,' crap. They ought to
have a Hypocritic Oath for slave-
wielding business owners who
lie through their teeth and take
advantage of others.
-
Inside that warehouse up there,
there was another guy, Tony,
who was about the easiest guy
for me to take; just a real normal
son-of-a-gun without any of the
pretention (get it? Pre-tension)
so prevalent. He was from Yonkers,
which is about like me me saying
Avenel, but about 30 times larger
and real urban-decayed too. Back
then. Maybe now it too has done
the big turnaround. Tony's not
there anymore, as he moved out
to Pennsylvania about 5 years
later. But Tony was cool and
became for me one point of ease
instead of angst. If you had snot
running out your nose, the others
would probably put on that 'voice' I
talked about, and go on intellectually
about the 'prevalence of nasal drip
found in societies where the mass
of working class people derive
income from exploitative service
industries....' blah, blah. Tony, on
the other hand, would say, 'Dude,
you got something on your nose.'
-
In the early morning up there  -
and this was a bit troublesome for
me - all you'd see, well, a lot anyway,
would be tree-trimmer guys, company
trucks, stump removers, all that stuff
zipping early along the wooded roads.
I just knew each of them was on their
way, somewhere, to a day's work of
cutting. All their trailers and all their
cutting equipment (and I sure would
have liked to have that company
franchise) was made and branded
by a company named 'Eager Beaver'
and of course the logo of which was
a grinning beaver chomping on a
tree. That used to gall me  -  I'd
some mornings be sitting there
outside some coffee-dump place
watching things go by while I
still had  a half hour or forty-five
minutes to burn, and they'd all be
rumbling by or stopping into this
very place I was at, for their to-go
breakfast stuff. I'd wonder about
Mankind with all this going on. How
in the word had we come to this pass
when most everything we did, even
up there, in a nice place, worked
against Nature and offered it
nothing but death and resistance,
like those rivers I mentioned
previously, which disrespectful
towns have just put into concrete
channels. I knew, in Germany, that
the gas Hitler and his guys used
in the gas chambers, was Zyklon B.
I didn't see much difference.
-
Life just always sort of seemed a
serenade of crummy things to me.
People on the go, people on the
make. It was funny, too, how all
along that daily ride the point of
reference of everything became
the New York City skyline; until
of course it disappeared up north
after the Tappen Zee, which 
occasionally had some really
mice, distant, vistas of it all the
way down the river. It was the
one definable touch of 'Humankind'
(they tell me I have to say that now)
on the landscape  -  you'd think.
But actually EVERYTHING was
branded with that touch, even
if you didn't know it. Logic had
hit at all points, even the very
invisible. Project lines and the
lines and markers of surveyors,
for instance. You'd never know it,
but one result of the American
Revolution, and the absolute
destruction of the Native American
and any claims or 'deeds' they may
once have had to the natural
possession of these places, was
gone  -  all superseded by the
grid lines, layouts, and map
markings of the early surveyors.
Every bit of these lands had 
been tracked and gone over  -  
in depth. Why? For 'ownership,' 
sale, profit, use, utility, and 
industry or either farm or 
domestic residence. There's
a certain sort of logic that
becomes an overlay on the
entire world and view of that
world, by particular people.
Remember, George Washington 
was, at first, a surveyor. That
takes a very particular mindset
and view of the world  -  potentials
of 'this is mine, this is yours.'
Carry that through a bunch of 
years, and what do you get?
Borders, conflicts, skirmishes, 
and wars, over who 'owns' what.
So every day that was what I 
was seeing  -  the end results of
that. Incredible as it all seemed;
my world was 'structured' for me,
well before I'd ever arrived here.
-
One last point to make, about logic,
and the processing mind. Let's
consider this  -  another crazy fact 
I mused over  -  the same sort of 
people who go over things carefully,
'this line is here, that's yours, this
isn't'  -  they often have, at the same
time, some startling ideas. All
those early folk were, by necessity,
pretty basic in their 'toilet' habits.
No toilet. All that stuff was done,
I'd guess on 'your own' property,
into a hole in the ground, or maybe
into the nearby river or stream.
Society builds up, things change,
towns and villages crop up, and
eventually emerge again as small
cities. I wonder which one of these
ultra-logical types, maybe even in
thinking of or remembering doing
it in the running waters of a stream, 
who came up (quite logical) with
the indoor idea that if you utilize
water, collected and rushed, over
'solid matter', it washes away nicely
away! Thus, the indoor toilet concept
is born, and then the need for
internal running water supplies 
and sources, thus pipes and 
reservoirs, thus the need for a
section of 'treatment' areas  -  and
this all leads, of course, to the ideas
of local government, infrastructure, 
personnel, hirees, and management.
Hello today!




No comments: