Saturday, December 30, 2017

10,347. PRAYERFUL SETTING IN THIS WORKADAY WORLD

PRAYERFUL SETTING IN THIS WORKADAY WORLD
Two men who drag lumber are working the
yard. A third guy with a fork life waits.
Outside the gate, a Benz work-van sits
steaming : large and white and powerful.
This is all beneath a Winter sun which
throws out light but not much else.
-
I've had it said to me about life's ups
and downs; how the bio-rhythms rule
us and all the ways we make things work.
It's not that simple, truly, yet everything
we do remains a choice. Descartes had
it that by thought he confirmed his own 
existence. I believe he had that wrong.
'I act, therefore I am,' seems to suit it 
better, sings as a better song.
-
We are a busy bunch, making things with
hammers. All those hidebound habits keeps
us on  -  but do we recognize the hammer
without the nail alongside it? Is the concept
one alone with each? Those two men now
dragging lumber, I think they sense the
clue -  they leave behind a drag-trail
on their dry and tired earth.

No comments: