Friday, December 29, 2017

10,344. REVAMPING THE REFERENCES

REVAMPING THE 
REFERENCES
Standing stones and falling waters, I don't
know which way to turn. I have icy fingers
now, wrapped around this Frank Lloyd Wright
steering wheel, from 1988. The neighbor guy
just started an engine, it sounded like noise, or
more like a gun, and a rumble, together.
-
His wive's name is Namath  -  her old name
I mean, the 'nee' one, the maiden name, the
girl's name she was. Kathy Namath, and her
brother Bruce. I knew them both. Somehow,
she got married in to this other one, that was
living there already. Now it's all one large
effort at building a team. 
-
I got to the library late today. All was good,
and no bother. The lady said 'Are you okay?'
and then 'Happy New Year.' In that order too,
so I figured she first wanted to 'ascertain'
that I was okay before granting me happiness 
for the rest of the year. Why waste it otherwise,
when she can us it on some other.
-
I hate it when people ramble on  - at the library
desk, this cop looking guy, Marine like, is telling
the story of his wife's getting their son a new
suit for Christmas. With a nice, striped, dress
shirt too, he said. It made little sense to me; 
and then he said they brought it back the day 
after, to exchange for another suit that comes
with two pants -   and they still got eighty
dollars back; in return. 
-
I wanted to say, that's not what 'returns' mean,
but it wasn't any of my business, and why, as 
it is, do people tell their roving stories in a 
public place so loudly bold? As if we all wanted
to hear about this story of the suit with two pants.
Maybe a 'two-trouser suit' is how the official
way of saying it goes. I don't know, nor do I
care, really. My next suit-wearing is probably
on the way out, to plot #237. I know I won't
wrinkle it none. And I also know I sure won't
need that second pair of pants.

No comments: