Tuesday, December 19, 2017

10,314. UNCONDITIONAL MODERATION

UNCONDITIONAL 
MODERATION
I'm too old for all this now.
I can walk with a limp if you'd 
like, but that only detracts from 
the presentation. Here's where the
flowers go. Make note of that. I
have a chair I put my feet up on
now as I sit. Some doctor said
some other doctor said it was a
good idea. I have little to do
any longer. I'd like to go back
to Princeton, and see all my 
friends. But they won't know 
me now, I've changed so much.
Life is just sad, that's all you
can say. I remember one day, 
after some three years of seeing
him every few days, trailing the
garbage on Witherspoon Street,
as he worked for the Boro as a
garbage truck guy. And then one
morning, no more. I started seeing 
him, instead, about 7am each day,
just walking his dog. I said, 'What's
up?' He said, 'I'm retired now. No
more of that. Just this. I'm loving it'.
That was four or five years ago 
already. Man I hope he's still 
around. I don't know about the 
dog, but I'd hope that too. This 
life is just all all too sad.

No comments: