Sunday, December 3, 2017

10,246. THE RUGS ARE JUST SANE SERAPES

THE RUGS ARE JUST 
SANE SERAPES
(to confusion)
So, there's a moment of plain confusion when
the moon comes peeking in the window at me.
What do I do but blink back to see : lethargy 
and it's monstrous brother not-caring. 'I'm not
a moon-person myself; no surprises, it's always 
the same, hanging up there like a gum-drop in
a battlement oasis. What's the sky anyway 
except something we can't hold?'
-
Now I'm through with blood-letting, and crying
out in a screaming anger too. I'm through with
kissing  - though I'd surely like kissing you. I
may re-varnish this table, but only if I get the
urge; it's really quite OK the way it is. 
-
There was a cafe girl once who used to serve
me coffee; oh a bundle of my joy she was. Then
she killed herself, in some other place, and I
don't now why it was  -  because she was sorry
or blue. I guess. They held her a wake on Baldtop 
Mountain, and we all threw her ashes into the 
wind, which blew them all back on us.

No comments: