Thursday, December 7, 2017

10,262. ALEXANDRA PELOSI

ALEXANDRA PELOSI
Last year on November 10th, I think it was
-  a few days after the then recent election, 
with Trump  -  or maybe it was the next
Weds., the 17th, I'm not sure but this
girl stopped me, woman, whatever,
and asked if I'd be part of her HBO
documentary by reading the Declaration
of Independence aloud, in City Hall
Park, NYC, about a block and a half
or two from where we were  -  so as
we walked we talked. She was OK, I
thought a little futsy, maybe full of
herself. She said her name was Alexandra,
and I didn't really care. She never used
her last name and I never asked for 
credentials. HBO? What do I know.
It's not the sort of thing I care about
nor was it the sort of thing I'd usually
do, but I had the time and didn't really
care. I felt a put-on coming. The were
few clouds in the sky and City Hall Park
beckoned anyway (I was back-tracking
by walking with her). I did the part of the
read she wanted, three times, in fact. No
big deal, she wrote some stuff down, gave
me my thousand dollars (NO, just kidding),
and I moved on. No I see, when looking 
something else up, that they really made
this show, and it aired on July 4th, 2017, 
and in January will be available to purchase. 
But that's all I know; and I don't eve know 
that I want it, but, man, you don't know 
the anxiety now. It's kind of funny too;
what did they do with my words, how'd I
 play it, where'd I stand? I forget. I know
I goofed it up some, it's easy to flub up,
over-emote, get wise-ass about it all when 
they ask you, in your 'own words' to say 
what it means to you.  Where to look and
how to talk. A million things remain. I also
found out, which I later looked up anyway
so I really already knew, that she's a real
liberal-social-world documentary low-level
film-maker (if that's what they call this), and
her full name is Alexandra Pelosi and she's
the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, that creepy 
San Francisco lady in the Senate. So what do
you know about all that. I rather wished now
it had been a gray and dark and gloomy day
and in the rain all her make-up ran. So,
anyway, if anyone ever sees this thing, tell
me how I look and what the whole thing
comes off a,s but I bet they didn't use a
word I said  -  I've always been a perfect
victim of the cutting-room floor.
Why not once more?

No comments: