Friday, May 22, 2015

6772. MA

MA
Twenty minutes ago, Ma, I was dead, but
they've brought me back alive. Pleiku and some
freaking highlands, some meddlesome gorge, a
harbor filled with murder  -  Ma, I can't remember,
but what the hell am I doing here? The gunking
cannon of that commander's mouth, it won't stop
barking orders. Ma. I no longer want to listen. I
hope he dies. There's a word about that O'Leary
or Haines, or someone else, is going to take him
down  -  blow his tent-shed to a tent-shred, break 
his ass. I only know he's become unbearable Ma, until
no one here any more can take it. Schrend was killed
on Tuesday  -  grenades and all, our own stuff, blew
up in his face. Ma, can I remember the way home,
I try to remember? Can you take me out of here
alive instead. Please help, Ma, please help.

No comments: