Saturday, May 30, 2015

6802. THE NEAR AND THE FAR

THE NEAR AND THE FAR
So, the near and the far have no things between
them, and I am stuck in this middle. I have killed a
man and left him dead. No, no, that's not true at all.
I have risen a man up from the dead, touching his
cloak. Yes, Lazarus arise. That sort of thing. Let me
see what else : I have made you soup from carrots, 
and offered you my pieces of bread; I have painted
myself into a corner, but levitated my way out. Yes,
though not in real life. I rowboated  -  this is true  -  
through a storm when I should have taken shelter:
tree limbs falling on the shore, wind and water
washing my face, and the rowboat itself just get
blown where it may. My two oars were useless,
even in those oar-thingies, which I now forget the
name of. Yes, there's a specific name for that, where
the oars go, that metal thing, sort of like a 'U'. A
bolt of lightning hit quite nearby, and I saw frogs
blown skyward from it. I saw frogs blown skyward
from it. Yes. I saw frogs blown skyward from it.
Talk about something making an impression....

No comments: