Monday, May 11, 2015

6722. WEEDS ARE IN THE WELDING

WEEDS ARE IN THE WELDING
The weeds are in the welding and the gate won't
close, those stupid cows are gonna' get out, and the 
pigs won't feel the electric fence, so what am I going
to do? I can't park this decrepit pickup truck and
let it be  -  it'll never start again but if I leave it, as
well, it won't keep running at idle. If I put a brick 
or a rock on the gas pedal, that'd work, yes, but it's 
a very delicate thing and subject to a sudden, massive
revving of the tender engine. Still blowing smoke too.
The weeds are in the welding and the damned barn
is falling down : the old, wooden doorway won't close,
yet it won't stay open  -  a halfway to nowhere measure
I must daily squeeze through. The silage is turning to
liquid and seeping out the bottom of the old Harvestore
silo starting to lean, and the trickle that runs to the pond
is green. Goodness God gracious, how'd I ever get 
started with this farmboy stuff?

No comments: