Monday, May 25, 2015

6784. JOHNSON PASS

JOHNSON PASS
So, I'm headed to Johnson Pass but very unsure of
the weather. Days such as these, you never know what
to bring : Spring jacket, sweater or two, something to wear
in the rain? I never usually bother, my clothes are all the same.
-
It's not like I care for appearances anyway now : walking these 
rocky paths, some awesome Bear Mountain ridge stretched out
before me, I'll be like a little man dangling from a hope. A very
modest vista stretched out front. Other people walking everywhere.
Kids are among the worst companions  -  noise, no concentration,
wanting fun and getting everything just plain wrong. A jet stream
overhead, the pattern of a plane, they'd care for less, if it came.
-
This is that earliest part of a season of discovery. I go places, 
I set things down. I sit and watch. Everything, they say, 
happens for a reason. But even at Johnson Pass?

No comments: