Saturday, May 9, 2015

6711. ALL THE 'I DON'T KNOWS' IN THE WORLD WON'T CARRY YOU FARTHER THAN THIS

ALL THE 'I DON'T KNOWS' 
IN THE WORLD WON'T 
CARRY YOU FARTHER 
THAN THIS
Long ago having lost patience inside this
velodrome, I want to swing out, ride faster
than speed declares, and brush by the insipid
boundaries. I look in your eyes, and see that's
where the stars are. To hell with the rest of
astronomy. And now, without a word, you're
gone  -  all those distant places : the rim of the
other world, business and paper, west-coast
horse-reins and bits. I can survive this, it's OK.
Track marks and my arms can live together.
It was never my place, in any case, to even see
past the smoke of your coffee, and I'd never 
meant to do that. I'm a recluse and a hermit at
heart, and people just bug me anyway. As I
write this jingle, above my head, some stupid
traffic light keeps blinking me to go. I guess 
I have to move along.

No comments: