Wednesday, May 20, 2015

6760. ISLAMIC STATE IS WINNING IN IRAQ

'ISLAMIC STATE IS 
WINNING IN IRAQ'
So sorry we have to be going : leave your
head at the door while Allah is doing the dishes.
I have a casserole here that we can eat. The
few tents left will be distributed across the
dumb desert, while elderly camels are waiting
by the tanks. This diminishes the afterlife
not by one whit, and I believe we shall still
yet get to Heaven. We can kill the infidels later
The scent is so sweet, and God is so good.
-
Words escape me in this dusty heat : the oasis, 
is it, which forms to the right will be faded away
by dusk  -  yet you say I'll still be here with a weapon
and a breast in my hand? How strange. All those
beautiful maidens and you can only bring me this?
The scent is so sweet, and God is so good.
----------------
[*Do you note the title, with 'The' (NYTimes, lead-line, 5.20.15).
One cannot say 'The Islamic State is winning in Iraq', because to date
there is NO Islamic State. That is simply what they call themselves.
Islamic State, with no 'The' at all.]  gary

No comments: