Monday, May 18, 2015

6752. I TAKE EXCHANGES

I TAKE EXCHANGES
I have stars on my toes and I can fly like some wizard
Mercury messenger Greek God, fleet-footed warrior too.
Buy some gloves if you're going to touch me. I have
heard too much : Elliot Smith and Leonard Cohen
coalesced into that cozy tired pancake rant one
cannot stop listening to. I throw my textbooks
in the river of blood and watch them drown,
gurgling down as they sink in a scream.
-
If not, bring it back on Wednesday  -  I'll consider
hearing you then, having to watch your oily, talking
face in one place with the highway streaming behind
you and some pecker-head running his lawnmower
double-speed down the grassy slope. See? Those
alone are the nasty things I understand.
-
God of? God of what? War? Woden. Mercury.
Mix-up. Everything  -  polyglot contentious
system of dreadnought fighting men all
going down for the count. I take
exchanges, see.
-
(A couple of things to learn: don't
worship the past. It never did
anything for you).

No comments: