Wednesday, May 27, 2015

6795. EMANDATION

EMANDATION
I am canceling primogeniture; I will go it alone.
The spaceship Long Harvest will come down upon 
me  -  and the frail Earthlings who exit from it will
be lost in space, proverbially, and have nothing
to breath at all. I will have taken their air away.
-
That was one story, and this is another : Cinderella
goes to the earthly ball but only finds a yellow slipper
fitting no one. The errant prince comes by and is
already married. The pumpkin turns green with envy
and forgets to reappear. So the Cinder girl goes
home a queen, and the rest of the tale is moot.
-
My men are tapping drums with figments of their
fingers  -  ideas happen while the water is running
strong through a stream. I remember all my days,
and envision new pile-ups on the highway that
runs throughout this new-land tinderbox that
is my flammable heart. Watch out, fires,
watch out; you are marked for life.

No comments: