Wednesday, May 13, 2015

6727. THE USE OF THE CRADLE (endlessly rocking)

THE USE OF THE CRADLE
(endlessly rocking)
How many times have my own hands beheld the holdings:
rock, paper, scissors, of sorts, a twine and a dream. My
mother's fear, with her children, was always 'cradle cap.'
Something about being too long on the pillow, or
perhaps a sort of 'bedsores for the cranial mind.'
-
I am the man, Walt Whitman again, endlessly rocking:
I have fever sores and Blistex held aside for you.
I have lain now far too long in this callow bed.
-
'Arise, then, and follow me; there are no excuses
in the land of the dead -   new dead, new land, one
without bounds and edges, no fencelines for endings.'
Yep, Ok, Sir! I can see my Mother out there now,
carefully scraping to examine the child's head.
There is nothing more sweet than despair in
this supposed land of the living, not dead.
-
I am the man, Walt Whitman again, endlessly rocking:
I have fever sores and Blistex held aside for you.
I have lain now far too long in this sallow bed.

No comments: