Saturday, May 30, 2015

6803. WEARISOME TRAVELOGUE

WEARISOME TRAVELOGUE
I'll think for you and we'll just tear this map
in two. Every road diverges at some point,
nothing makes sense, the straight lines are 
crooked and the crooked lines straight. A dead
end is never a right of way. Who made this map
anyway, Pontious Pilate? 'Truth, what is truth',
might just as well be 'route, what is the route?'
Well-traveled Sapperstein and his horse-cart
filled with malarkey. I'm going home by
Tuesday, you remember? That's what I told 
my boss and he'll be a real delighful prick
if I'm not there. So, like I said in the beginning,
tear this map in two, and turn this car around.
We'll put things together again much better
when we get back home. Yes, this map 
says make a right at this left. Just do it.

No comments: