Monday, February 24, 2014

5106. BLUE ROAN HORSE SADDLE

BLUE ROAN HORSE SADDLE
Like an artist with fifteen hands, you can get away with
anything if you play it right : make the leaping horse a happy
looker and you can paint it orange for all they care. They
get the happiness first. Like a Rouault painting, or something
 by Marc Chagall  -  blue animals jumping through hoops and
over  moons, mawkish bales of cows and people, old Jewish
heads in traditional hats. Remind me of home before you go.
-
I live amidst another latitude  -  a fantasy of  meridian and
equator, concocted by a fevered brain never taken to sleep.
My soap jumps out of the dish, my toothbrush flagellates
my aggravated gums. The toilet I am forced to sit upon
is always in the middle of an earthquake, somehow, of tide
and hustle. No rest for the weary, but the weary 
are usually too tired to rest anyway. My blue roan 
horse saddle will haunt you if you try to doze.
Remind me of home before you go.

No comments: