Saturday, February 8, 2014

5039. I AM NOT HIDING SACRIFICE

I AM NOT HIDING SACRIFICE
My right eye comes up to the level of God.
My left hand is sunk to the mud of Lucifer.
All that I do is a candle's breath from the
boundaries of darkness, yet a small ways 
from the light as well. There's the paradox
sandwich I eat every day. Sometimes I 
figure I have had enough, will not go on, 
have no remaining need to be : and then
it passes off, like a basketball guy getting
rid of the ball, I still jog down the court
with nothing in my hands at all.
-
I have a countess for the windmill's 
weather-vane high atop the peak  -  yes,
spinning and twirling in some form of wind, 
she first intrigues and delights, then puzzles
and angers. All this, while the wind yet blows.
-
I am still here : ravished and rabid perhaps,
but here nonetheless. Hungry for the Truth, and
thirsting for lies as well  -  the true dichotomy of
a simple, wooden, human man. Carve me, cut
me, saw me, and I shall yet go on I'm sure.

No comments: