Monday, February 10, 2014

5048. TITLE 25

TITLE 25
Moravia; the brood comes down from the
honey-coated hills, slipping their own way from
the upside downtown hills. Lucille holds fire. Miranda
calls the mothers out. Everyone goes to an uproar.
-
Here it is 1978, 1979, and I don't know a thing any
longer : the azaleas won't blossom until late May, and
up to then I'll just have to freeze. My carbine now is in 
solid ice. I pull up to the siding and ask the loading dock
for warmth  -  but I get no response.
-
'Light me a cigarette, Freddie, I'm down, man.' Freddie
looks back and says, 'Just keep circling, my man, just keep
it up. Here, have a drag  -  s'all I gots.'
-
Ever hear of what I've heard? De-sanctified churches are
now drug-dens of whooping and hollering people. High like
Gabriel, so it goes. Lucifer got the hammer I left him yesterday.
-
My coat's so bare my whole back's frozen.
My coat's so bare my whole back's frozen.

No comments: