Monday, February 10, 2014

5049. YOU'RE MILES FROM ME

YOU'RE MILES FROM ME
I can be waiting  -  any station will do; you're too
far away, too far off. Orbit, oh spinner, turn and twirl.
This distant is an unbreachable boast  -  you've left the
keys to my heart within my heart. I'm truly stuck on that 
one. I've just read in Russia they've rounded up and killed 
thousands of stray dogs  -  can't mess the fucking Olympics.
Behind my back, on the other hand, the Westminster Dog Show
here runs on  -  NYCity people freeze and starve with no place
often to go, but the dogs are good; the dogs are really good.
I can't stand it when people retch, when people go on, when they
talk instead of do whatever it is they do : sugar-sweet and 
broken heart, let me love you loosely as I may. I can be 
waiting; any station will do. I can be anywhere by tomorrow, 
anywhere in this world at all.

No comments: