Friday, February 14, 2014

5062. HOW THEN SHALL I SEE?

HOW THEN SHALL I SEE?
After the end of all things, when the lights
and the fire have all gone out, how then shall
I see a thing? Will thick darkness grasp and
hold me? Will the tiring ledge of waiting and
want keep pressing in on me. How soon,
then, shall it be before I am delivered?
-
These are questions of a glimmering moment, a
secret silence, and shared sublime  -  and there are
no answers to be given. For to each and each is given
something different, so we will receive our own and
particular due. At that time, how then shall I see,
and what then shall I do? It little matters now.
-
All of this is far advanced and I am swaddled already
in the cloth with which I shall leave this world : not a
misnomer, this Death, just a qualifying name for moment
and sequence and the doing of something one last time.
When that day comes, it shall be mine.

No comments: