Wednesday, February 19, 2014

5084. RUNNING MY KNICKERS

RUNNING MY KNICKERS
Duluth to South Miami Beach and places in-between;
there's nothing like it, running in a dream. And everywhere
I go, it seems, I already there just left. How can I try and
catch my breath? In Brooklyn's ferry waters, at Red Hook's
fated edge, I found some more malarkey  -  brothers running
guns in loaves of artisan bread, men making macaroni  -  yeah
they still called it that  -  in a pasta shed behind a bar and
a leaning whorehouse with a truck outside from 1952.
-
Up at the old Navy Yard, now it's all slim girls with perfect tits
painting marble arches and stretching canvas bars, with their
newest artwork still burning in the Winter sun. They place it
all outside on rooftops, they say, to absorb the grace of God,
that oily Brooklyn sun running down from the Heavens above.
It's all new-age crap, but if they wish to believe, whom am I
to deceive? I'll never tell them the truth; they won't hear it :
-
That life is a bust and all you can do is do what you must.
You know that line, heard it all before. The men walk down 
the metal stairway in pairs  -  just like women, I suppose, but 
without the perfect breasts. I love gay artists; they're the best.
God must know His art, and forget the rest. I'm leaving now
before I dig a deeper hole  -  that's my conceptual art; the
land, the digging, the taking it all apart.

No comments: