Friday, February 21, 2014

5094. AS TO JUPITER

AS TO JUPITER
Bringer of jollity, I think Holst calls it. I don't know.
Jollity is Happiness, correct? Planets just make me 
scared. I read once that they were all alive  -  
and I believe that.
-
I believe, in fact, because I want to, that the only 
dead universe is the one in our heads  -  that all we 
have is alive and running all the time. We simply don't
 receive the signals correctly. These planets aren't 'planets'. 
They're living, fiery things with lives and places all their own  -  
out of our time and involved in something else. We're only seeing, 
let's say, their dead backsides, what's left that faces us.
-
What they see of us is indistinct and passing, as all things 
are moving on. We live; they live. Together;
as the ancients knew, who named and
gave to us all these things we only
now have glimmers of, faintly.

No comments: