Sunday, February 16, 2014

5073. ADAM AND EVE

ADAM AND EVE
(2014)
I have very intense feelings, as of being here, and over
and over again : the distant brick of a farther-off building may
enchant, yet it carries no more strength that a group-dream
of dreaming. We are all here alone, as we are all here together. 
Heedless distinction, made by others, rule our days. I know
that my salvation falters only as I let it go  -   'he was so 
very busy, until he began ignoring all things.'
-
And now? My hi-hat bears no timbre, my drum-kit has
no sound. I am like Lycra in a tweed and woolen dressing
room. Out of shape, out of season, and forsaken as well.
-
Let the whistles come out of their dormitory rooftops,
skating at others, the girls and the boys. They can spend their
simple time together, comparing differences, forcing one
thing into the other, and fornicating in their own way.
I shall settle no suits, nor heed no cries.
-
Deafness is a plum, as much as happiness is an apple.

No comments: