Sunday, April 30, 2023

16,262. WHENEVER THE NATURAL SHINES

WHENEVER THE NATURAL SHINES
Whenever the natural shines, I run home
as quickly and as perfectly as I can. There's
a huge rock at the base of my roadway where
small animals gather and clutter. Right now,
the true doggedness of Nature shows  -  so slow,
everything grows to fruition though it's taking
as long as it takes these cold rainy days to stop.
-
Situations  -  like doggerel  -  patter on. In
whichever language the chipmunks chatter,
their tongues bespeak their new concerns.
The daily morning firestart is wearying now.
I lost my interest long ago.
-
For miles, there are dirt roads and cataclysmic
falls. That place called Peggy Runway? It's been
open again about half a year, and nothing's fallen
yet. Punks in blue cars leave skid marks, and
tired mothers drive over it with new care.

No comments: