Friday, April 28, 2023

16,256. I EMPTIED MY TRAY OF METICULOUS THINGS

I EMPTIED MY TRAY 
OF METICULOUS THINGS 
The old man turned to his wife and I heard
him say, "I need a GPS that tells me not the
where and how to get places, but why I wanted
to get there." She said, "Oh Frank, you're so
foolish." I figured maybe they were buying
a car, but they even seemed too old for that.
In fact, I wanted to tell him not to waste money
renewing any magazine subscriptions they may
have had. It's a difficult world when one is forty,
let along after one is 85. Ask yourself, at that 
point, what 'needs' to matter, and why.
-
If things begin breaking down, it's a sure bet
it's gets progressive. The next thing you know,
you're forgetting your kin and where you are
going and where you have been?

No comments: