Saturday, April 15, 2023

16,215. DEXTRON, AT THE EXTREMITIES

DEXTRON, AT THE EXTREMITIES
Mostly always left with nothing, and drinking
beer at the cloth counter with Linda Lou, I sit
back contented. I never stray, just get stupid.
My fried Donald will come pick me up. I won't
fall over, I promise. He's the sort of straighter 
arrow than I'd ever be, who sees things only
one way, and straight on.
-
Not for me, who lives in a funhouse mirror
of refracted and reflected possibilities, 30 deep.
Like when you twist a mirror, say, and see the 
back of your head, and there are many of you
running out in a row. I leave those things intact
and pick and choose. 
-
Never leave an opening for regret. It's a very
useless premise. Everything has a promise, if
you just remove your god-damned expectations
off it.

No comments: