Tuesday, April 25, 2023

16,245. TO GO WITHOUT BEING BEHOLDEN...

TO GO WITHOUT BEING BEHOLDEN...
The first rule of this edifice will be : 'You
do NOT have to do everything, although 
maybe you should. It's too much exactitude
to be so all-inclusive. The words will wait.
-
I notice the streetline of buildings here gets
roaringly higher ech time I view it. I have a
friend who building manages something at
Hudson Yards and, though I never fully do
understand what he's saying, the place rolls
on, apparently kept well enough, and near
to full function as can be.
-
Another guy I know, doing the same at One
Penn Plaza, seems faltering by comparison, 
though it's merely the difference of one being
new and the other old(er). Pedestrians and street
rabble hinder One Penn. The Starbucks there lets
anyone in.
-
I know these things from experience. As a man
with a camera, I often get followed, and my
appearance as well doesn't bring me good will.
The guards and the Building Maintenance guys
seem to flock to my shadow. Like a shoplifter
entering Harrod's, I am swarmed and debauched.
I leave, well enough, and alone, seeking only
to go without then being beholden.

No comments: