Sunday, May 24, 2020

12,833. TAKING MY GUNS

TAKING MY GUNS
Taking my guns back to
Haverstraw, I've got nothing
to lean on but stories : Constable
Arnold accompanies me. I asked
him why he didn't open a store
named Arnold Constable. He
says he did.  The Hudson River
runs down below us, that damned
new Tappan Zee Bridge. What
are they even thinking about
these days when they build 
these things? Like in Elizabeth
too, the Goethals Bridge. What
a lame-brain piece of crap that
is. I grew up thinking a bridge
was one thing. Now they look 
like some Disneyland nightmare
and from Singapore too.
-
The major, can he ever be a 
drummerette? And, however 
that goes did drum majorettes
ever unionize? Those are the
questions I ask. I just read
today that the 'absence of 
evidence is not evidence of 
absence.' Huh? And what?
It's some legal term, lawyers
use it in proving a case; and
I guess cops do too, for 
bringing perps in. Alleged
perps, you gotta' say. It
sort of means, like, 'just
because you didn't leave a
trace behind, doesn't mean
you weren't there.' And then
they proceed to prove a case.
-
Man oh man I don't understand.
I'm bringing my guns to Haverstraw,
with Constable Arnold, and I will
say no more.

No comments: