Friday, May 1, 2020

12,781. THE DOYLES OF DOYLESTOWN?

THE DOYLES OF 
DOYLESTOWN?
Pennsylvania, that is. I get there when
I do. First leaving New Hope, with
their twisted, weird Jesus on the face
of that church on the way out of town.
I never thought I'd see a Lord and
Savior twisted up into a suspended
gay icon. But ya' got one there!
-
It's a nice place, that Doylestown.
First time I was ever there I was
buying kerosene; it must have been
about 1988; freezing cold out, and
the kid in the gas station showed me
the pump, saying do it yourself and
tell me your totals. So I did, and it
all worked out.
-
Since that time, like all else now,
the entire place has changed over,
twice, and now it's empty and dead.
Whatever comes back, again like
everywhere else, will be a surprise
and is still an unknown. Maybe the
Doyles of Doylestown with get it
right again. Maybe not, and
maybe they won't.

No comments: