Sunday, May 3, 2020

12784. LAND O'GOSHEN

LAND O'GOSHEN
I awoke on the wrong side of
the fence; the rock the had
been my pillow was split and
had entered my head. Darn
those cows mooing nearby.
-
Not far off, the rest of the
barnyard loomed; like it was
1937 or something close. Some
chickens scratching around.
An old woman, with corn-crush
in her apron, scattering that feed
around while the chickens danced.
-
It was no reach higher than the sky,
this dream of mine. If it was that
at all. I thought I saw a Lincoln
Zephyr as well; but that couldn't
be. No one here had that sort of
money back then. It was maybe 
the bank or some Landlord type?
-
I reached into my satchel for a
page to write on : nothing there,
and the old satchel was now new
leather! I get, I said, I'm here, but
not really. This scene does not exist
yet I am only trading places with
what seems to be a real time.

No comments: