Thursday, May 28, 2020

12,841. LUCKY DUCK FROM LAZERTOOTH

LUCKY DUCK FROM 
LAZERTOOTH
I was out walking : Just me, along
the river. Speedboat, powerboat and
bridge up ahead. Some Asian couple,
with a little kid I guessed to be theirs,
was picking blossoms off a flowering
tree. They always seem to like doing
that stuff. Chinese. Japanese. Korean.
However it goes, real blossom diggers,
always posing or picking. The wake,
just then, hit the shore; from some
farther off noisy boat, all showy and
lame. It was large, and white, and
sat there on the water, or just in
it, revving up a bath and a bundle
of noise. I wondered how a boat
stays in place, when the engine's
roaring. And then the Asian guy
began throwing blossoms down
onto the water from the walkway
above. They floated on the water,
white, and swirly a bit too. Just like,
I thought, that big, white boat out
there afloat.

No comments: